Monday, January 4, 2010

Write off.


Today started out alright. Quiet, unassuming. It was the second day of my weekend, so that meant another sleep-in of course. Snoozed til early afternoon, then uploaded some of the photos I took in NY onto Facebook, from the comfort of my bed.
Then I decided to venture downtown and get the pics of the gorgeous Christmas lights that decorate every lightpost on State St and the huge Christmas tree that sits right in the middle of the road.
There's also a real estate agency that went all-out with their lights, at the top of State St. I thought I would hop off the bus there, get some pics and then walk the rest of the way.
This would have been a great success- if I had remembered to bring my camera.
After dumping the contents of my entire bag onto the sidewalk and rummaging through it like a crazy person, I got back on the bus to get my camera from home.
If I was in a comic strip, I would have had a bloody great big storm cloud over my head with lightning bolts coming out of it.

But wait, there's more!

After retrieving my wayward camera and driving back downtown, I discovered that all the lights had been taken down! The whole shamozzle was for nothing! Nada! Zip! Somebody hand me than gun!
And then, to add insult to injury, I did a spot of shopping at Old Navy and tried on a bunch of jeans in what I thought were my size. Apparently I am no longer that size :(
Nothing like trying to squeeze ones fat arse into jeans then wrestling them on the ground trying to get them off to really put a cherry on that turd sundae.

Buuut, I did spy a motel on the way home that still had their lights up, so I got some nice piccies there. All was not lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment